I’ve received the Liebster award from John Howell http://johnwhowell.com. Thank you John! Go check out his blog (if you haven’t already). He’s really cool, and writes about all sorts of bookish and authorish things.
For my nominees: Here’s the low down on this award: Go say hi to John at his blog, then list 11 unknown facts about yourself and answer the 11 question I listed for you below. Choose 11 nominees and send them 11 new questions to answer.
Eleven UNKNOWN things about me:
1. I read in the dark, which is probably why my eyes are getting fuzzy.
2. I was a belly dancer for several years and worked for food.
3. I claim not to drink, then finish off half of whatever my husband has.
4. I dance when no one is looking. Who am I trying to kid, I dance whenever I please.
5. I have a sign in my kitchen that says, “I kiss better than I cook.” My husband did NOT marry me for my cooking skills.
6. I used to take fencing lessons.
7. I had my own horse, until I traded horses for children.
8. I’ve studied ballet, tap, jazz dance, Highland dance, and belly dance.
9. I have short blonde-streaked hair. (ok, so some of you already knew that)
10. I wear converse sneakers.
11. Sometimes I wear my converse sneakers with glacier glasses and a gypsy skirt. (and THEN I start dancing)
Eleven questions John had for me:
- What gets you going in the morning? Mocha, with organic cocoa powder.
- Who had the most profound influence on who you are today? My dad, who taught me to follow my own path. And Jesus, who teaches me to love along the way.
- Where do you find inspiration? Everywhere. People, movies, books…
- If you had the time where would you go? Hmmm… let me think… SCOTLAND!
- What is your favorite movie of all time and why? Oh, boy. This is tough. I have to say Highlander, the original movie. I remember asking my dad about Scotland. He laughed and said he wasn’t surprised by my fascination. His grandparents emigrated from the Highlands.
- What teacher taught you the most and where was that? My high school art teacher. He taught us so much more than how to sketch and paint, but how to live.
- When do you feel the best in a day? Morning, after my coffee/chocolate combo sets in.
- Who do you think did the most to help your career? My husband, who works extra hours so I can devote my time to writing.
- What is your favorite meal? Salmon on greens.
- Do you respond to customer surveys and do you ever flame the company? It depends. If they’ve been good to me then I’ll take the time to return the favor, otherwise I’ll tell them I’m too busy.
- How far have you ever walked and why? Miles. I was contemplating a storyline and lost track of time.
Here’s my Nominees:
- Ryan at http://eyebeforee.com/
- Silver Wolf at http://silverwolf25.wordpress.com/
- Beth at http://comfortablynumb7.wordpress.com/
- Ionia at http://readfulthingsblog.com/
- Katie at http://dadialogues.wordpress.com/
- Sandi at http://sandyquill.com
- Marie at http://1writeway.com/
- Pete at http://beetleypete.wordpress.com/
- Janelle at http://janelleleonard.wordpress.com
- Sam at http://hotteaanddarkchocolate.wordpress.com
- Kim at http://words4jp.wordpress.com/
And here’s your questions guys:
- What’s your favorite vacation destination and why?
- What’s your favorite book?
- What do you like on pizza?
- Do you have a favorite song?
- If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money?
- What was your favorite pet?
- If you had a time machine, where would you go?
- Do you wish I would stop asking so many questions?
- If you found a magic lamp and was given three wishes, what would they be?
- How many cups of coffee do you drink in one day?
- Where do you see yourself in ten years?
Congratulations all! Tìoraidh an-dràsta
* I wanted to add one more blog here. I stupidly left her out, even though I really do enjoy her posts. Sis at http://passionatechristianmarriage.wordpress.com