This is why I feel so isolated these days. Most of my old friends don’t understand me at all. Mostly I have writer friends now, which is great, but I still wish I could have kept the old ones too.
It’s easy to feel alone:
- You sit down and write your book all by yourself.
- If you self-publish, you do it yourself.
- Marketing is up to you.
Indie ≠ Alone
It’s really indie publishing, not self-publishing.
- Indie = independent. Independent means you’re the boss, you make the decisions, you have freedom, etc. Independence doesn’t mean you have to do it yourself. Choose not to be alone, if you wish.
Where Is Everyone?
- Meet fellow authors. Interact with them. Read about their experiences. Discuss your publishing experience.
- Ask for help. Others have worn your shoes. Advice is easy to give. Search for ideas. Post a question.
- There are many free, helpful, positive, interactive author communities on the internet. You just have to look.
- Need professional help? There are many editing, formatting, and illustration services available by many editors, designers, small publishers, and businesses. You can find affordable and reliable…
View original post 411 more words